At Rudheath Senior Academy we have high expectations with regards to our students’ standards of uniform, behaviour and conduct around the school. Excellence in these aspects underpin strong relationships between staff and students, prepare pupils for good development and outcomes, instill good habits and help to ensure that Rudheath is a safe and supportive community.
Students at Rudheath can expect a high-quality teaching and learning experience, and to be treated with respect and consideration. We expect students to behave in an appropriate and respectful manner in return and complete all work set on time and to the best of their ability.
Staff will provide regular feedback and inform students and parents about progress via reports and through our strong pastoral care system. Students are expected to respond to this feedback in order to improve their work and progress toward their next destination at the end of Year 11.
Students are expected to:
- Arrive on time, entering the classroom in an orderly manner.
- When a teacher indicates the end of a lesson, pack their bags and move to the next lesson quietly and quickly.
- Bring the correct equipment, books and completed homework.
- Record the homework in their student planner/diary.
- Listen when others are speaking.
- Speak only when their contribution is relevant to the lesson.
- Raise their hands to answer or to ask a question.
- Work co-operatively with others.
Attitude to Learning
- Participate fully in the lesson.
- Listen carefully to instructions.
- Stay focused on the task.
- Allow other students to concentrate on the lesson.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that their behaviour in class does not endanger anyone.
- Leave the classroom in a clean and orderly state.