Quality of Teaching
At Rudheath Senior Academy, we aim to deliver a curriculum of the highest quality, to provide a broad and balanced range of subjects that allow students to build on skills, knowledge and conceptual understanding throughout their time with us.
There is an expectation of consistently high standards of quality first teaching to drive progress and attainment for all students in all subjects, including SEND, disadvantaged and vulnerable students. There are clear minimum expectations for each class and there is an insistence that these expectations are met consistently:
- Specific seating/working groups plan, with clear rationale (for every room including ICT, practical classes etc.)
- Literacy proud
- Probing questions for students in every lesson to check knowledge & understanding
- Insistence on work completion (of a high quality) and exemplary Attitude to Learning
- Active participants, with focus on disadvantaged in every lesson
- Clear learning objectives and explicit success criteria
- Be positive role models
Our Teaching and Learning Coordinator is Miss Charlotte Doswell. Below, you can read some of our school Pocket Pedagogy which outline teaching and learning practices at Rudheath. You can also read about our Teaching & Learning CPD calendar for 2021-22.