Letter to Year 10 Parents
Further to my previous letter, the Department for Education have updated guidance on reopening schools for Year 10.
School will now not reopen on Tuesday 2nd June to Year 10 students. We will remain open for children of critical workers and vulnerable children only.
Please visit the hyperlink below for the full guidance on the changes:
As mentioned in my previous letter, plans were subject to change and the latest guidance issued has mandated this. I want to summarise the key changes at this point, with further detail to be issued at a later date.
The key changes to note are:
- School will now reopen from Monday 15th June 2020
- Only a quarter of the student population of Year 10 will attend at any one given time
- Provision for children of critical workers and vulnerable children will continue
- Remote education will remain the predominant form of education delivery (Microsoft Teams)
- Reopening is still subject to UK Government’s 5 tests being met
The Trust and school leadership team will continue to work in partnership to ensure the school makes robust preparations for reopening. Next week, I will write to all parents and carers with further specific details regarding plans to deliver face-to-face support for Year 10 students.
As ever, I’m grateful for your patience and support.