Free School Meals
We want to make sure as many eligible pupils as possible are claiming their free school meals. If your child goes to school within the Cheshire West and Chester area, you may be able to claim free school meals. You need to apply through Cheshire West and Chester Council if you are receiving one of the benefits listed below:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit but not Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If you or a partner receive Working Tax Credit regardless of income you will not qualify for free school meals.
Our school contact for Free School Meals is Sophie Sutcliffe – Business Administration Assistant.