For the information of our staff, students, parents and carers we will update this page regularly as required with information on any steps that Rudheath Senior Academy and North West Academies Trust (NWAT) take in relation to COVID-19.
Below you will find links to online resources that students should be accessing, alongside key contact and support information for parents and students.
RSA will continue to follow the advice and guidance provided by the Department of Education and Public Health England.
Latest Parent/Carer Letter:
- September 2020 Reopening Letter, published 25th August 2020
- Public Health England Letter, published 23rd September 2020
- Face Coverings Letter, published 25th September 2020
- Covid-19: England National Lockdown, published Thursday 5th November 2020
- January 2021 Reopening Letter and Mass Testing, published Thursday 31st December 2020
- National Lockdown in England Letter, published Tuesday 5th January 2021
- National Lockdown in England Letter – January Update, published Thursday 28th January 2021
- March Reopening – Detailed Plans, published Thursday 25th February 2021
Lateral Flow Testing:
The Department for Education (DfE) have requested all pupils are tested three times at school upon their return to the classroom. All secondary school pupils will be offered a Lateral Flow Device (LFD) test at our testing site. Pupils will then return to face-to-face education following their first negative test result. Testing is voluntary. If consent is provided, pupils will be asked to self-swab at the testing site and after 30 minutes they should be informed of their results. There are three possible outcomes:
- Negative – your child can continue to stay in school.
- Positive – you will be contacted to collect your child and ask you to book them in for a PCR test (the test given at test centres). If positive, your child would need to isolate for 10 days. If negative, they can return to school.
- Void – the test has not been successful and therefore your child would be retested.
After three tests in school, we expect that pupils will be supplied with LFD test kits to self-swab and test themselves twice a week at home. Pupils must report their result to NHS Test and Trace as soon as the test is completed either online or by telephone as per the instructions in the home test kit. Pupils should also share their result, whether void, positive or negative, with their school to help with contact tracing.
In order to do this, we need to obtain parental consent for lateral flow testing. Please complete the below Microsoft Consent Form:
In the event of a single student or bubble of students needing to self isolate for a period of time you will need to access the work set by your teachers remotely. Please visit our dedicated web page to understand how remote lessons will take place. Further information is available below:
Covid-19 Health Guidance:
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
- Get a test to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible.
- Stay at home and do not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.
Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also stay at home until you get your result.
Further information is available below:
Student absences must continue to be reported in the normal way. Please visit our attendance page for more information.